Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Almost time! 3 days to go!

 September 18, 2024

3 days to go!

So, I had this wonderful idea to get some rubber duckies, attach some cute cards and take them on the trip with us. Well, not going to happen. At least not THIS trip. Just didn’t get my act in gear in time. I’ll think about it for our 47-day cruise.

Three days to go and we are beginning to get organized. I cleaned off the bed in the guest room so we can put the “stuff we really need” on it. Like Willie Bear. And Randy. Just kidding about putting Randy on the bed, I need him to help!

I have: airplane tickets, hotel reservations, a HOHO (that is a Hop On Hop Off bus tour that most large cities around the world have) organized, baggage tags for the Quest, and more checklists than any sane person really needs.

Checklists: Things to do before leaving checklist, Cruise clothes Pam and Cruise clothes Randy checklists, Photo equipment checklist, Electronic equipment check, General gotta have checklist, Stuff to do checklist, 2024 cruise checklist, and last but not least, Don’t forget checklist. That is WAY too many checklists. It’s actually kind of paralyzing. I have so many that I’m overwhelmed and don’t even look at any of them. Well, I glance at one or two and think, “I’ll remember THAT.” Uh, no I probably won’t.

I tell myself that as long as I have my passport and a credit card, I can buy anything I forgot. Uh, no, that probably won’t work either.

I’ve been planning this for so long it will be a relief to actually get ON the ship! Because they couldn’t get a pilot for our first port stop at Trois Rivieres in Quebec, we will be staying an additional day in Montreal. So now I have another day to plan for!

Back to packing!

No comments:

Post a Comment